Today is a banner day on my Facebook news feed. Here are some things that piqued my interest.
- Owen Wilson and his girlfriend welcomed their baby into the world at home! I’m not providing a link – I figure you can go to your favorite celeb site if you’re curious. ;)
- Did you know that nearly 100% of us parents use car seats incorrectly. Here’s a 5-minute video featuring “The Car Seat Lady.”
- I haven’t read this yet, but check out this New Yorker article regarding the decline effect and the scientific method.
- Homebirth: A Midwife Mutiny is a great blog. I first read Risk, homebirth, VBAC and am now on to her take on a BBC News article about “womb tearing.” Next, I think I’ll read Blaming Women, because HELLO it happens all the stinkin’ time.
- I’m also curious to read a new-to-me blog today, particularly the article on “No, Actually, You Did Not Turn Out Ok.” We’ll see – I’m a fairly mainstream mama, so I don’t know how I’ll respond knowing that this is one of the blogger’s perspectives: “Where I Post . . . And Kick Your Lily White Arse For Making Your Baby Cry-It-Out.” We ended up doing CIO with our oldest. Is she ok – not completely. Is it because of CIO – not necessarily. Are we ok – no completely. Is it because of CIO – not exactly. But hey, let’s blame ourselves (see blaming women above) and each other (a favorite past-time for some on Facebook) for our kids becoming assholes or freaks as if THEY have nothing to do with it.
- DEEP BREATH
- My favorite spot on the internet for sound pregnancy & birth related advice – Childbirth Connection